PRICE ON REQUEST
Day 1: Cusco - Mollepata - Soraypampa
We leave Cusco by transport at 6 am for Mollepata, arriving around 9:00 am and have breakfast. We start our hike to Cruz Pata, arriving at 12 pm. Time for lunch. Around 17:30 pm we arrive at Soraypampa, our first campsite at an altitude of 3850 m.
Day 2: Soraypampa - Salkantay - Chaullay
After a good breakfast at 6:00 am, we prepare ourselves to start a long walk leaving at 7:00 am. We cross the pampas of Salkantay and head to the the left side of Umantay. Umuntay is located next to the snow-white Salkantay. Around 12:00 pm, we will reach our highest point (pass Salkantay-Umantay 4500 m above sea level) From here we enjoy the views of the glaciers of Salkantay. After an hour´s rest, we take lunch in Huayrac Pampas. Later we continue our walk for 4 hours downhill to Chaullay at an altitude of 2900 m, our campsite.
Day 3:Chaullay - Santa Teresa
After breakfast, we leave at 7:00 am and walk for 5 hours. We walk through a cloud forest and enjoy many waterfalls, fruit trees and a variety of flora before arriving at an area called "the Beach" to have our lunch (12 pm). One more hour of walking and we hit a road where we will take a bus for 45 minutes to Santa Teresa. We have the oportunity to dip in the hot springs of Santa Teresa. Dinner and campsite.
Day 4: Santa Teresa - Hidroelectrica - Aguas Calientes
Leaving at 8:00 am we walk one hour to reach la Oroya where we have to cross the river on a system with cables. On our walk, we can see Macchu Pichu at a distance. At 3:40 pm we take the train to Aguas Calientes, where we spend the night at a hostel.
Day 5: Machu Picchu
Early in the morning we take a bus from Aguas Calientes up to Macchu Pichu. We will take a guided tour of Machu Pichu for 2 ½ hours. At 18.45 pm, a train will bring us back to Cusco. Bus to Cusco.
- A Professional English speaking guide
- All meals during the trekking (5 Breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners)
- A cook
- Horsemen and horses to carry food, tents, and cooking gear
- Bus to the tralihead (Mollepata)
- Entrance fees for Machu Picchu
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Equipment (tent for 2 persons and sleeping mats)
- Dining tent, kitchen tent
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes back to Cusco
- 1 overnight stay at a hostel in Aguas Calientes
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Lunch on day 5
- Train from Santa Teresa to Aguas calientes